External Evaluations of ESG Performance
ESG Index Inclusion and External Evaluations
Mitsubishi Estate has been selected for inclusion in the following environmental, social and governance (ESG) indices for socially responsible investment (as of March 4, 2021).
- Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index
- S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook Member 2021
- FTSE4Good Global Index, 19th consecutive year
- FTSE Blossom Japan Index, 4th consecutive year
- MSCI Japan ESG Select Leaders Index, 4th consecutive year
- MSCI Japan Empowering Women Select Index, 3rd consecutive year
- S&P/JPX Carbon Efficient Index,3rd consecutive year
- SOMPO Sustainability Index, 9th consecutive year
- GRESB Public Disclosure, 4th consecutive year
- 2020 GRESB Real Estate Assessment
- 5-Star Rating in GRESB Standing Investments Benchmark*1
- 4-Star Rating in GRESB Development Benchmark*2
- Assessment of the performance of standing investment portfolio
- Assessment of the new construction and major renovation portfolio
- CDP A List, the highest rating according to CDP Climate Change 2020 Questionnaire
- CDP Supplier Engagement Assessment Leaderboard, the highest rating according to 2020 CDP Supplier Engagement Rating
- Certified in 2021 as Outstanding Health and Productivity Management Organization (White 500)
Socially responsible investing is an approach to investing in companies that takes into consideration their environmental and social initiatives and corporate governance as well as economic aspects. We will continue to integrate our business with sustainability as we pursue sustainable corporate management.
Obtaining Environmental Real Estate Certifications
Mitsubishi Estate endeavors to be socially-conscious and environmentally-friendly in its real estate dealings and to proactively communicate its environmental initiatives. We will continue to develop valuable real estate and promote them to tenants, investors and other stakeholders in response to increased interest in and expectations of environmentally-conscious buildings.
Please see the following page for more details about the Mitsubishi Estate Group's acquisition of environmental real estate certifications, including DBJ Green Building certification and Comprehensive Assessment System for Built Environment Efficiency (CASBEE).